Over the summer, I had started a skincare routine that was easy and really helped clear my skin up. After surgery, my skin and hair became really oily, and my skin started to break out again. Consistent use of these products has calmed my skin down again. Hopefully, It will stay that way until the wedding (and beyond). These are the products that have worked the best for me.
*I haven't been compensated to review/ rate these products. The opinions are all mine.
1. Cetaphil face cleanser. It has been recommended by both of the dermatologists that I have seen and is gentle enough to use 2x per day.
2. Olay Pro-X brush. I wasnted to try a Clarisonic, but that didn't fit in my budget. I have been happy with this brush used in conjunction with Cetaphil. The head had two speeds and the batteries and brush heads are replaceable!
3. St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I use this 2-3 times a week before bed to exfoliate the skin. I love how soft it makes my skin feel.
4. Oil of Olay moisturizer and suncreen. I have used this moisturizer for years. It isn't greasy and includes sunscreen. Two birds + one stone = winning.
5. Aveeno Positively Ageless night cream. This cream is all natural and a great choice for night time use. It is thicker than a daytime moistureizer, but it doesn't clog my pores and I don't feel any residue in the morning. It is a good pick for those of us fighting acne + wrinkles (WTH?)
6. Hydroxatone BB cream. This can be used as foundation, concealar, moisturizer, and sunscreen in one. This was a splurge for me, but I knew I needed to try it after eading the reviews. It covers up my dark circles, red spots and acne scars, while evening out my skin. I just put it on with my fingers or a brush, throw some bronzer on top and go!
The best part about all of these products is that they are all available at your local drugstore or Ulta!
Other tips I have for getting gorgeous skin? Drink lots of water and reduce your sugar intake. I have been trying to drink over 50 Oz. of water a day. I also take 2 T of Dr. Bragg's apple cider vinegar each morning. It helps flush out my system and I strongly believe it has been another contributing factor in clearing up my skin. Take off ALL your makeup at night, no matter how
drunk tired you are
What are your clear skin tips?
Any recommendations for reducing acne scars?