Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HDBD: Weeks 24-26


I enjoyed a break from blogging over the holidays, so I am combining the past three week's updates into one post.
I need to get the cute pregnancy pose down

How Far Along: 24-26 weeks

Size of baby: Baby has grown from 10.5-to-11.8-inches and weighing about 12.7 to 20.8 to 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range over the past few weeks. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I hadn't weighed myself since my last midwife appointment on Dec. 11, so I was surprised when I weighed exactly the same this week. It just goes to show that the body will do what it wants/ needs to.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants and a few tops. Kohl's has some great after Christmas sales. I'm still loving my regular size Mossimo "long and lean" ribbed tanks from Target under cardigans and sweaters.

Gender: Still a girl...

Movement: Not only can we see and feel kicks from the outside, we can see her general movement from the outside. I swear it looks like she is moonwalking across the underside of my belly. There are some pretty strong kicks and punches at times.

Wedding Rings: On.

Symptoms: The hip pain has subsided and I still have some heartburn and indigestion, but less than before. I make sure to stay upright for at least thirty minutes after meals/ snacks (thanks SLP education) to reduce the indigestion and heartburn.

Sleep: It was amazing to go to sleep when my body needed to, and wake up when it needed to, while I was off from work. While it will be difficult getting back into a regular schedule once work starts back up, my body really enjoyed those extra hours of sleep.

What I miss: I'm not really missing anything this week. I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable with how I'm looking, feeling, and moving around.

Cravings/Aversions/ food in general:  The holidays are always full of traveling, treats, and eating out, so I tried to balance all the yummy foods we were eating with a healthy mix of carbs, proteins, and fats. I still am enjoying fruits and go through a crate of clementines per week. I'm also loving smoothies, red meat and eggs...and craving chocolate.

Workouts: Bootcamp, free weights, and walking. I finished the final session of the year at bootcamp and won't be going back on a regular basis until after baby girl is here. It is a big financial commitment each month, and we have some baby expenditures that are more important right now. I'm going to continue with free weights, conditioning, and the free classes available at the gym.

Best Moment This Week: Tate joined me at the midwife for the first time since he was still on vacation and we were able to listen to the baby's heartbeat. Also, talking with my friends about my upcoming showers!

Worst Moment(s): At my midwife appointment, I had to take the Glucose tolerance test and get a Rhogam shot. I drank the fruit punch flavored drink, had my regular appointment, then drank two huge glasses of water while waiting for my blood draw. After the nurse drew blood, I felt woozy, like I was going to pass out, which made me worry, since I haven't had any issues since becoming pregnant. It resolved quickly though thanks to some animal crackers, a juice box, and comforting words. 

Shopping: I've added a few things to the baby registry and am looking for some girly accessories for next football season. 


What is your favorite etsy shop for girly game-day accessories?
Are you staying active/making health-related resolutions this year?

2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Hopefully you're getting her some sort of bobcat pride to wear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She already has two Bobcat outfits!

      Delete